Go Slim U!, Inc.

Hi!  My name is Amanda Kunard and I am a Certified Health Coach and founder of Go Slim U!, Inc.

Life is Long

Health and nutrition have been an interest of mine ever since I realized that not everyone had learned healthy eating habits growing up, things I learned from my mother.  She instilled in me my passion for nutrition.  Growing up, she fed us very nutritious food – nothing fried, very few sweets, no white bread or chips, tons of vegetables, and weird things like carob brownies.  We didn’t always like it, but it set us up for a lifetime of good health. 

So, after an 18-year career as an engineer, I switched gears to start my 2nd career in nutrition, and in 2013, Go Slim U!, Inc. was founded. 

Go Slim U!

Go Slim U! aims to teach people how to make sustainable changes in their life, starting with their weight and their diet.  How do we do this?  By focusing not just on WHAT you eat, but WHY and HOW. 

Go Slim U!’s programs are created around Habits, Behaviors and Mindset.  In this way, the health improvements you achieve will be LASTING instead of short-lived.  

I love educating people about food and health: what foods are nutritious and what foods are not, why certain foods are “good for you” or “bad for you”, and how much truth is there in the latest diet trends.  These are things that most people don’t learn in school, or at home, but are as important to know as how to safely drive a car, or save for retirement.

You Are What You Eat

Did you know that the food that we eat has a bigger impact on our health than medications??

Unfortunately, many people do not realize the importance of what they eat on their overall health.  In fact, if you are looking to improve your health, exercising will get you 20% of the way there, but the other 80% is what you eat!  Similarly, if disease runs in your family, you can still have a huge impact on whether you will get the disease, based on what you eat.

What is Health Coaching?

Have you tried to lose weight only to find that after a couple weeks you can't stick with the program?  Has your doctor ever recommended a lifestyle change but didn't tell you how to do it?

A Health Coaches is a knowledgeable advisor who provides personalized coaching and support to help people make healthy dietary and lifestyle changes.  A Health Coach listens to you carefully, helps you to navigate the world of contradictory nutrition advice, keeps you on track, and empowers you to control your weight by understanding healthy eating.

I have studied health coaching and am certified through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and The MacDonald Center for Obesity Prevention and Education (C.O.P.E) at Villanova University College of Nursing.

It’s Your Life

  

I plan to live to 100+ and be healthy and active until the day I leave this world.  Have you thought about where you will be in 30 years, 10 years, 5 years or even 1 year?  Will you be in a wheelchair, or out on the dance floor?  The choice is yours!!

  

Contact

Amanda Kunard

Go Slim U!, Inc.

Office:  (619) 987-0030

Email: amanda@goslimu.com

Website: www.goslimu.com